This is the privacy statement of Newton Derby which is a UK manufacturer of power and distribution transformers and generator equipment. Our registered office is Grangefield House, Richardshaw Road, Pudsey, Leeds LS28 6QS.
We are fully committed to handling personal information in accordance with data protection legislation and data protection practices. This means your personal information will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Only collected so far as required for our lawful purposes
- Retained for a reasonable period of time, in accordance with retention policies
- Processed in a manner which ensures an appropriate level of security
This privacy statement explains how we collect and use information about you, or your services.
What information we collect
Newton Derby receives or collects information to operate, provide and improve our services. The types of information depend on how you use our services:
- For all customers – your name, contact address, phone number(s) and email address(es)
- For all suppliers – your name, contact address, phone number(s) and email address(es)
You provide your name and contact details in order for us to respond to your query, procure your services or for Newton Derby to deliver our services.
Where we collect information from
Most of the personal data we hold comes directly from you. There are a variety of ways in which we may collect that, namely:
- Email and written correspondence
- Telephone discussions
- Direct contact at our premises or elsewhere
- Newsletter sign up form and contact form on our website
We may also collect further information as follows:
- From Companies House – names of Directors of companies, dates of appointments and resignation from companies
How we use information
We use the information to:
- Enable us to provide, improve and support our services
- Provide customer support e.g. respond to your queries
- Evaluate and improve our services
- Research and develop and test new services and features
- Enable us to meet our legal responsibilities
- Communicate with you by post, email or telephone
Who we share your personal information with
We will only share your data with those organisations which are a necessary part of providing the service you have requested from us.
Managing or deleting your info
We store your information until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, however if you would like us to delete your information then please advise us by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Law and Protection
We collect, use, preserve and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
(a) respond to applicable law or regulations, to legal process or to government requests
(b) detect, investigate, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, security or technical issues
How long we retain your personal information for
We retain your personal information for no longer than the length of time required by law, for record keeping or for legal claims purposes.
Using our website
Our website makes use of cookie files which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and how they move around our site when they are accessing it. This information enables us to make changes to our site so that we can ensure it is more user friendly.
If you wish to delete any such cookie files, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will contain the domain name winderpower.co.uk within its file name.
Alternatively you may refuse to accept cookie files when visiting our site, by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
As part of the regulations you have additional rights in respect of the data we hold:
Access to your information – you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you free of charge
Deletion of information – you have the right to ask us to delete information about you where:
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
- You withdraw your consent for us to use the information
- You have objected to our use of your information
Changes to our privacy statement
We will regularly review this privacy statement and places any updates on our website. This privacy statement was last updated on 30/05/2018.